Since Mid-March, we have faced a global pandemic that brought about tremendous change. Horizon Credit Union had to modify operations to safeguard our beloved Members and Employees. Although it has not been business as usual, HCU would like you to know that we have performed thousands of transactions at our Crown Point Branch Drive-Thru during these unprecedented times. We have continued to open accounts and make loans by appointment, by phone and on-line. We extended our operating hours to accommodate the branch changes as well and are proud of the way our staff has worked to keep our Members our TOP PRIORITY!!
Horizon Credit Union will open all Branch Lobbies on Monday, May 18, 2020. We will return to our regular operating hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
You will notice some differences as we continue to practice Social Distancing:
- We have installed shields at Teller Stations.
- We may limit the number of Members inside branches at any given time to ensure that occupancy stays at levels to promote social distancing. Remember, the safest transactions are those done through the Drive-Thru or on-line, especially if there are multiple parties with you.
- Floor decals and signage have been put in place to help determine safe social distancing.
- Horizon Credit Union Employees behind the shields will not be required to wear a mask. Employees who are not behind a shield will have the option to wear a mask.
- Members are encouraged to wear a mask, but a mask is not required. You will be asked to temporarily remove any face covering for identification and security purposes.
- Employees and Members who do not feel well or who may have symptoms of illness are required to self-discipline and not enter the lobbies.
- If you need to see a Loan Officer or a Member Service Representative, a Staff Member will check you in at the front door and allow you to wait safely in your vehicle until we call or text you.
- At this time, No Sales Calls, no visitors, and only Staff will be allowed outside of the lobby perimeters.
- Our public restrooms will be closed so that we may continue to protect our Members and Employees.
We want you to feel safe and protected at Horizon Credit Union because we care about keeping our Members and our Employees healthy. The safest way to conduct your financial business is remotely. We encourage you to use our Online and Mobile Banking technology. If you have not used this type of technology before and would like more information, please call us! We will walk you through the process and get you set-up in a matter of minutes. We are always a phone call away: 423-530-7778.
‘In the midst of chaos, there is opportunity’. Let’s care for ourselves and our neighbors and practice good hand washing and elbow bumping techniques! Get in touch with someone you haven’t seen in a while. Thank a front-line worker. Check on the elderly. Start an exercise routine. Start a savings plan. Let us know how we can help you.
Stay safe folks.