In today’s digital world, we have to work together more than ever to prevent fraud. It seems there is always a new scam out there where criminals are seeking to steal your identity or get their hands on your banking information. These crooks are ambitious, and they will come up with creative ways to go about getting your personal information. At Horizon Credit Union, we are continuously working to make sure you are protected and informed. We will never ask for certain information through phone, text, or email.
See the list below of 10 things we and our fraud department will NEVER do.
We won’t call, text or email and ask for:
- Your account number
- Your full debit or credit card number
- Your CVV number
- Your PIN number
- Your full Social Security number
We will never:
- Close your account for refusal to give the above information.
- Ask you to complete a “test” transaction
- Address you as “user” or “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Ask you for your online banking password or security questions
- Ask you to text personal or banking information
Trust your instincts. If something feels wrong, please call any HCU branch for any questions you might have. We are always happy to take the time to make sure you are protected. Because you matter, and your safety and peace of mind is our priority.